Dear Valued Patient,
As you are aware, the coronavirus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19, is spreading from person to person in parts of the United States and has recently been diagnosed in Loudoun County. The health and wellbeing of our patients and staff are of the utmost importance to Loudoun Medical Group (LMG) and we believe communication is key in the identification, prevention and spread of the illness.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) poses a rapidly evolving situation; LMG will update precautionary measures in accordance with best practice per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Loudoun Medical Group is also in contact with local and state public health departments and hospitals in our region to ensure we are current on all updates.
Loudoun Medical Group providers take their roles as healthcare providers very seriously. We are proud to provide high-quality healthcare for a diverse patient population with complex medical needs, while also touching the lives of our patients and their families every day. In times of uncertainty and anxiety, we appreciate the importance of our role even more. As always, our focus is the safety and well-being of people, including our patients; our employees and our communities at-large. We remain committed to providing timely, meaningful and rational advice to our patients, in addition to meeting your healthcare needs.
The following preventive measures should be taken to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick (except to get medical care). Keep sick children home from school or daycare.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (like doorknobs and light switches) using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands afterward. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids; eat healthy foods and manage your stress to keep your immune system strong.
Should you or a family member need to visit one of our offices for any illness, we are here for you, as always. However, if you have come into contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or have traveled to an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 and are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of respiratory illness, please call our office in order to ensure you are appropriately triaged.
LMG will provide updates as we continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19.
Kevin O’Connor, MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Loudoun Medical Group, PC
Public Information Sites: